Effective Date: December, 15, 2019
Last Updated: August 26, 2022
How We Collect your Personal InformationWe may collect information about you by the following means:
- Directly from you, when you provide information to us or interact with us;
- Automatically from you, when you utilize or interact with our Services;
- From online advertising companies who may share information about the marketing and advertisements you have seen or clicked on, and from social networks and other sources of publicly available data;
- From other third party sources that provide consumer data, such as information about your interests, demographic information, and marketing inferences.
Information We CollectIn order to better provide you with our Services, we may collect the following categories of information:
- Contact information and any other information you choose to include when you communicate with us via e-mail, mail, phone or other channels;
- Profile and subscription information, such as a username and password, your name, mailing address, e-mail address, phone number, and usage and subscription preferences, which may include signing up to some of our Services or communications from us;
- Transactional information including payment information and payment history if you engage in transactions through the Services;
- Device information when you utilize our technology platforms, including as model, serial number, device location, usage data, and operating information;
- Survey information in response to questions we may send you through the Services, including for feedback and research purposes;
- User Content you may provide to publicly post via the Services (e.g., comments);
- Online User Activity described in the next section.
- Biographical information when you inquire about or apply for a position with us.
Online User Activity, Cookies and Information Collected by Automated MeansWhen you interact with the Services, certain information about your use of our Services is automatically collected. This includes:
- Usage Details about your interaction with our Services (such as the date, time, and length of visits, and specific pages or content accessed during the visits, search terms, frequency of the visits, referring website addresses);
- Device Information including the IP address and other details of a device that you use to connect with our Services (such as device type and unique device identifier, operating system, browser type, mobile network information, and the device’s telephone number);
- Location information where you choose to provide the website with access to information about your device’s location;
|Strictly Necessary Cookies||__cfruid||Cloudfare||The personal information that Cloudfare collects varies from user to user. For more information please see Cloudflare’s cookie practices here.|
|Strictly Necessary Cookies||_dc_gtm_UA-xxxxxxxx||Google Analytics||The personal information that Google collects varies from user to user. For more information please see Google’s cookie practices here.|
|Strictly Necessary Cookies||__cf_bm||Cloudfare||The personal information that Cloudfare collects varies from user to user. For more information please see Cloudflare’s cookie practices here.|
|Performance Cookies||__hstc||HubSpot||The personal information that HubSpot collects varies from user to user. For more information please see HubSpot’s cookie practices here.|
|Performance Cookies||_gid||Google Analytics||The personal information that Google collects varies from user to user. For more information please see Google’s cookie practices here.|
|Performance Cookies||__hssrc||HubSpot||The personal information that HubSpot collects varies from user to user. For more information please see HubSpot’s cookie practices here.|
|Performance Cookies||_gclxxxx||Google Analytics||The personal information that Google collects varies from user to user. For more information please see Google’s cookie practices here.|
|Performance Cookies||__hssc||HubSpot||The personal information that HubSpot collects varies from user to user. For more information please see HubSpot’s cookie practices here.|
|Performance Cookies||_gat_UA-nnnnnnn-nn||Google Analytics|
|Performance Cookies||_uetvid||Microsoft Bing||The personal information that Microsoft collects varies from user to user. For more information please see Microsoft’s cookie practices here.|
|Performance Cookies||_ga||Google Analytics|
|Targeting Cookies||_fbp||The personal information that Facebook collects varies from user to user. For more information please see Facebook’s cookie practices here.|
|Targeting Cookies||_uetsid||Microsoft Bing||The personal information that Microsoft collects varies from user to user. For more information please see Microsoft’s cookie practices here.|
|Targeting Cookies||lang||The personal information that LinkedIn collects varies from user to user. For more information please see LinkedIn’s cookie practices here.|
|Targeting Cookies||AnalyticsSyncHistory||The personal information that LinkedIn collects varies from user to user. For more information please see LinkedIn’s cookie practices here.|
|Targeting Cookies||UserMatchHistory||The personal information that LinkedIn collects varies from user to user. For more information please see LinkedIn’s cookie practices here.|
|Targeting Cookies||MUID||Microsoft||The personal information that Microsoft collects varies from user to user. For more information please see Microsoft’s cookie practices here.|
|Targeting Cookies||__cf_bm||Cloud Foundry||The personal information that Cloud Foundry collects varies from user to user. For more information please see Cloud Foundry’s cookie practices here.|
|Targeting Cookies||fr||The personal information that Facebook collects varies from user to user. For more information please see Facebook’s cookie practices here.|
|Targeting Cookies||VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE||YouTube||The personal information that YouTube collects varies from user to user. For more information please see YouTube’s cookie practices here.|
How We Use Your Personal InformationWe use the information we collect from you for the following purposes:
- Provide our Services to you, including to maintain your account, manage transactions, and provide other important notices;
- Respond to your requests, questions and comments and provide customer support;
- Monitor the performance of our Services including metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns;
- Tailor the content we display to you in our Services and communications, including advertising, and offer services that we believe may be of interest to you;
- Manage, operate, and improve the Services and grow our business, including understanding our customer base and the effectiveness of our marketing, events, promotional campaigns, and publications, and diagnose or fix technology problems;
- Evaluate, recruit, and hire personnel;
- Comply with legal requirements and industry standards, detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be fraudulent or illegal, and protect the rights of Jackrabbit, you, or others.
How We Share Your Information
- Service Providers. We may share your information with service providers that we believe need the information to perform a technology, business, or other professional function for us such as billing and collection, IT services, maintenance and hosting of our Services, payment processors, marketing partners, accounting, auditing, and tax services, and other professional services.
- Analytics. We partner with analytics providers, who collect information via tracking technologies on our websites to assist us with measuring visits and traffic on our websites so we can measure and improve the performance of the sites.
- Corporate Event. We reserve the right to transfer to another entity or its affiliates or service providers some or all information about you in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, acquisition, sale of assets or any line of business, change in ownership control, or financing transaction. We cannot promise that an acquiring party or the merged entity will have the same privacy practices or treat your information the same as described in this Policy.
- Legal. We share information where necessary to comply with applicable law, to respond to requests from law enforcement agencies or other government authorities or third-parties, as permitted by law and without your consent when it is necessary to protect our customers, employees, or property; in emergency situations; or to enforce our rights under our terms of service and policies.
How We Protect and Store Your Personal InformationWe may retain your personal information for a period of time consistent with the original purpose for collection. For example, we keep your personal information for no longer than reasonably necessary for your use of our products and services and for a reasonable period of time afterward. We also may retain your personal information during the period of time needed for us to pursue our legitimate business interests, conduct audits, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements We use a combination of physical, technical, and administrative safeguards to protect the information we collect through the Services. While we use these precautions to safeguard your information, we cannot guarantee the security of the networks, systems, servers, devices, and databases we operate or that are operated on our behalf.
Your Privacy OptionsYou may have certain choices when it comes to how we collect and use your information:
- Account Information. Please visit the My Account page to update your information and payment method.
- Email Marketing. If at any time you no longer wish to receive marketing communications from us, you can click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Online Activity Tracking and Interest-Based Advertising. You have several options to either prevent our collection of information regarding your online activity, or prevent third parties from using such information from being used for interest-based advertisements:
- You can opt out or set preferences regarding cookies when a device you utilize visits the Sites.
- You may be able to set preferences or block tracking across the internet by a particular third party by interacting directly with the third parties who conduct tracking through our Services by following the links provided above.
- You can usually modify your browser setting to disable or reject cookies across the internet. Note that if you delete your cookies or if you set your browser to decline cookies, some features of our website or Services may not function properly or be available.
- If you are visiting the Services from a mobile device, the operating system of the device may offer you options regarding how the device collects and uses your information for interest-based advertising. Click here for more information.
- Visit http://www.networkadvertising.org or http://www.aboutads.info to learn more about your options for opting out of interest-based advertising (or if located in the EEA, UK, or Switzerland, click here). Please note this does not opt you out of being served ads.
Jurisdiction-Specific NoticesCertain jurisdictions may provide additional rights to individuals with respect to the collection and use of personal information that we have collected. For example, you may have the right to request that we: (i) disclose to you any personal information that we have about you; (ii) correct or delete personal information that we have about you (subject to certain exceptions); or (iii) not disclose or sell your information to a third party (excluding qualified service providers).
CaliforniaYour California Privacy Rights California’s “Shine the Light” law permits customers in California to request certain details about how certain types of their information are shared with third parties for those third parties’ own direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident, you may opt-out of such sharing by emailing us at Privacy@jackrabbittech.com or mailing a written request to Jackrabbit Technologies, Attn: Privacy, 9820 Northcross Center Court, Huntersville, North Carolina 28078, USA. California Privacy Rights Act; Virginia Consumer Data Protection Act; Colorado Privacy Act The California Privacy Rights Act (“CPRA”), Virginia Consumer Data Protection Act (“VCDPA”) and the Colorado Privacy Act (“CPA”) regulates how we handle personal information of residents in California, Virginia and Colorado, respectively, and gives these residents certain rights with respect to their personal information. Jackrabbit is a “service provider” under the CPRA, VCDPA, and CPA providing solutions to schools, youth activity centers and childcare businesses it serves. When we act as a service provider (for example, by providing our class management services to another company that you interact with), we collect and process information according to the instructions of the business that engaged us with respect to how we process your personal information. If you would like more information about how your personal information is processed by other companies, please contact those companies directly. If you are a resident of California Virginia and Colorado, you have the right to receive notice of the categories of Personal Information we collect, and the purposes for which those categories of Personal Information will be used. The categories we use below to describe the information are those enumerated in the these laws. Entities to whom we disclose information for business purposes are service providers, which are companies that we engage to conduct activities on our behalf. Service providers are restricted from using personal information for any purpose that is not related to our engagement. Entities to whom we “sell” information are third parties. Under these laws, a business “sells” personal information when it discloses it to a company for monetary or other benefit. A company may be considered a third party either because the purpose for its sharing of personal information is not for an enumerated business purpose under California, Virginia or Colorado laws, or because its contract does not restrict it from using personal information for other purposes. The following chart describes information we collect when you act as a customer or prospective customer of our products and services or visit our website. The sources of this Personal Information are described in the Information We Collect section above. We collect this Personal Information for the purposes described in the “How We Use Your Information” section above.
|Category||Examples||Retention Period||Shared with||Sold to||Disclosed to|
|Personal Identifiers||First and last name, billing address, telephone number, email, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address.||Not sold||Service Providers|
|Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e))||A name, signature, billing address, telephone number, employment, employment history, bank account information, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information.||Not sold||Service Providers|
|Professional or employment related information||Current or past job history or performance evaluations.||Not sold||Service Providers|
|Internet or other similar network activity||Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.||Not sold||Service Providers|
|Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law||Gender||Not sold||Service Providers|
|Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information||Audio recordings||Not sold||Service Providers|
|Geolocation Data||Device location||Not sold||Service Providers|
|Commercial Information||Purchase history, customer billing activity||Not sold||Service Providers|
|Education Information||Institutions attended, completion level||Not sold||Service Providers|
|Employment Information||Job applications, employment history, performance appraisals||Not sold||Service Providers Affiliates|
|Inferences drawn from other personal information||Interests, preferences||Not sold||Service Providers Affiliates|
- The right to access, including the right to know the categories and specific pieces of personal information we collect;
- The right to deletion of your personal information, subject to certain limitations under applicable law;
- The right to request disclosure of information collected;
- The right to disclosure of information disclosed for valuable consideration;
- The right to request correction or changes of your personal information if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date; and
- The right not to be discriminated against for exercising certain rights under California law.
EEA, Switzerland and UK Rights With Regard to Personal InformationIf you are located in the EEA, Switzerland, or the UK, you are entitled to certain rights, subject to applicable exceptions, under the GDPR, Swiss, and UK data protection laws. Please note that, in order to verify your identity, we may require you to provide us with information prior to accessing any records containing information about you. We typically will process your information pursuant to the following legal bases: (1) with your consent; (2) as necessary to perform our agreement to provide Services to you; or (3) as necessary for our legitimate interests in providing the Services where those interests do not override your fundamental rights and freedoms related to data privacy. We also may process your information where it is necessary to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
- The right of access. You have the right to request a copy of your personal information which we hold about you.
- The right of correction: You have the right to request correction or changes of your personal information if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date.
- The right to be forgotten: You have the right to request us, at any time, to delete your personal information from our servers and to erase your personal information when it is no longer necessary for us to retain such data. Note, however, that deletion of your personal information will likely impact your ability to use our services.
- The right to object (opt-out): You have the right to opt-out of certain uses of your personal information, such as direct marketing, at any time.
- The right to data portability: You have the right to a “portable” copy of your personal information that you have submitted to us. Generally, this means your right to request that we move, copy or transmit your personal information stored on our servers / IT environment to another service provider’s servers / IT environment.
- The right to refuse to be subjected to automated decision making, including profiling: You have the right not to be subject to a decision and insist on human intervention if the decision is based on automated processing and produces a legal effect or a similarly significant effect on you.
ChildrenJackrabbit does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen. If you are under the age of thirteen, you must ask your parent or guardian for permission to use this website.
- At any time, you can follow a link provided in offers, newsletters or other email messages (except for e-commerce confirmation or service notice emails) received from us to unsubscribe from the service.
- At any time, you can opt-out of receiving further commercial text messages via the Messaging Service by responding to any of our text messages with any of the following replies: STOP, END, CANCEL, UNSUBSCRIBE, or QUIT. For additional opt-out information, please review our Terms.